Hi everyone! Today I am sitting in my living room while my husband takes a nap after his long graveyard shift and I was so uninspired to write, however I thought of a fun topic. I am going to compare me in high school to me now… This is going to hilarious!
That is me, ten years ago! I was a cocky high school girl who believed she was invincible. At 17 I believed that…
- Kyle and I would get married right out of high school.
- I would go to beauty school and be a natural, then go to L.A and do hair and makeup on movie sets.
- I wanted 8 kids
- I believed Kyle and I would be together forever
- I wanted to write a book
- I thought I would move out at 18 and begin my adult life.
- I wanted to only have boys when I became a mom.
- I wanted to have all my babies by the time I was 25.
- I loved working retail especially when I got to work with my best friend Jamie.
Now at 27…
- Kyle and I are married but it took us 9 years to get financially set up and be comfortable.
- I dropped out of beauty school, because I hated it. It was the biggest waste of my time and money.
- I only want 2 kids!
- Kyle and I are 10 years strong!!! and taking life, marriage and each day a step at a time.
- I still want to write a book, I am unsure as to what I will write about.
- I didn’t start my adult life at 18, I went to and dropped out of beauty school, I started taking my general education at Sierra College, now I am working towards a MAsters in Library Science! Kyle and I did not move out until we were 26 and 27 because we did not want to be a couple struggling to pay the bills. I didnt get married until I was 26.
- I only want Girls!!
- I am 27 and still no children and that’s okay!!!! I will become a mom and start a family when I feel the time is right! Thats not to say I don’t want them, I just want to be married a bit longer before I decide to have babies.
- I HATE RETAIL!!! Although I made some great friends at my job, I cannot stand to work retail anymore. I think the only way I would get behind another register is if I owned a bookstore and even that makes me cringe a little. Working with Jamie was great! When we both worked at the registers we called it Best Friend Work day, and we would laugh and laugh!
Things have changed, But I love who I am! There will always be things that I don’t like about myself (I’m a cynic, I’m a bit of a lazy bones) however that’s what growing up is. I am dedicated student, a wife, a girl who loves to read, a girl who obsesses over movies, an up and coming yogi and now a girl who lives to run and I like it that way. I am an open book, and what you see is what you get! I hope that all of you who are reading can look at your life the past 10 years and be as happy as I am. I will be happy to go to my high school reunion and be able to walk in with my head high, knowing that although I did things very different from my peers, that it worked out in my favor and I love who I turned out to be.